Originally Posted by Tom_440
A numbers matching collector won't like the color change and updates.

I doubt there are a lot of numbers matching collectors salivating at the opportunity to buy a /6 car. Yet. Maybe by 2300 AD.

Me? I'd of already put a V8 in it and enjoyed the fruits of my labors about two weeks after I bought it. Last one I did cost me under $500, but that was in 1994 and you could still find deals. I bought the running 360 donor, 79 Cordoba, for $100.00. Already had the V8 cross member, back when you could find them in pick and pulls, had to get a new radiator. BTW, B body exhaust manifolds fit a 72 Dart, lol. New duals rounded out the major costs. Other than a few wires that needed their lengths changed and the throttle cable/kick down setup which I yarded, I don't recall anything difficult. Took one day to do the swap, sans the duals which I took to a shop. My old man helped me take the hood off before he left for work and I was done before he got home. He was amazed, but he wasn't a car guy.

I had planned to put a V8 in it for awhile so I had time to plan what needed doing and gather the parts, when the donor came to my attention it was time. I used the donor's engine, transmission, electric seats, electric windows, wiring bits for the Dart and disc brakes (to convert my 64 300) and whatever else needed. Then I scrapped it, three days from the time I bought it till the tow truck driver took it. I later sold the 225 for $100 and got paid another $100 to install it in a 68 Dodge truck.

Now days, good luck finding a new OEM style radiator, much less a running $100 donor, lol.