Originally Posted by Stanton
Back in 1986 I made a trade with a guy at the Mopar Nats. He gave me my part and I was to send his the next week by UPS - he distinctly said UPS. So into the UPS office I go and his address is a P.O. Box in Alabama. At this point they inform me they don't deliver to P.O. Boxes and, being quite naive it never occurred to me to seek out a post office - or maybe I did think about that but didn't think they'd take something that large. Anyhow, the woman at the UPS counter finally agreed to take the package. I had no way of getting hold of the fellow and back then there was no internet to do a phone or address search. To this day it haunts me that the package didn't arrive and the guy thinks I ripped him off. And if memory serves, I don't think the UPS woman ever suggested the post office - didn't want to help out the competition I guess !!

To the OP's dilemma, I have NEVER ordered anything from anywhere that did not ask me for my shipping address or to confirm the shipping address on file. If I pay by credit card I have to jump through hoops if I'm shipping anywhere other than my billing address. If I'm paying with Paypal, Paypal requires I confirm my shipping address. Sorry to say but I think the error is entirely the OP's fault.

Oh really? The address FedEx has on file for me is correct. I use that address when shipping. FedEx delivers to the wrong address. And it's ENTIRELY my fault? Okay, I guess I'm responsible for the heartbreak of psoriasis also.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".