Well, the saga of me and FedEx continues. I get a call this week from the resident of 706 10th Ave NE that FedEx has dropped a package for me at their house (I live at 706 10th St. NE). She was good enough to bring it to me and sure enough, there was a "corrected address" tag on the box with the wrong address on it. The shipper apparently (and it has company) still hasn't figured out that both UPS and FedEx won't ship to PO boxes and initially addressed it to my PO box which triggered the "corrected address". But never mind, the "corrected address" was anything but that.

I'd had enough. So, after fighting with FedEx's automated receptionist for nearly an hour I get a real live person. That can barely speak engrish. Amazingly we do navigate to my FedEx profile and guess what, the address in my profile is the correct address! So how did they dredge up the wrong one? No clue. So what is her recommendation? There is a block for delivery instructions that is meant for "where does the driver kick the package". She tells me to leave a note there. So my profile now has the instructions to the delivery driver, the driver for God's sake, to deliver packages to the correct address.

Unbelievable. Have I mentioned I hate FedEx?

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".