This build is remarkably close to my 526" and I would mirror that it is incredibly responsive despite the bigger ports! I street drive it a lot and have no bottom end sogginess at all and freeway mileage isn't horrible (12-14 mpg). I have a Gear Vendor OD, 29" tires, and 4.30's out back and have no issues with convertor heat when using it on the freeway (I don't use it in the city at all). I also run a fairly tight 4400 stall 10" Ultimate convertor

Streetwize, I have similar flow numbers (mine flow 298@ .400, 340@ .500 370@ .600 and 380@700) and a similar Bullet cam as well except it is a solid roller(.715 w/1.6 110 spread installed at 105 262/269@.050) but I run an Indy manifold (also ported by Larry when he did the heads). If you could PM me if you have any kind of times you have been able to run with this combo (even from another car), I would appreciate it. I am running a 3900lb W/D '67 Coronet but I haven't had the car to the track yet with this combo (and I don't want to hijack the thread).

I never took this motor down the track mainly because I built a dedicated drag toy once the value of second gen Chargers started ramping way up. I built it with the intention of building a 69 Valiant post car but the Rocky came along and I went in another "small block" direction.

But the recipie is based on a couple other BB RB and B stroker motors i did...and I got some good advice from Steve Dulcich because he used the same heads on his 3rd place Engine Masters 470 that made i think 754 hp.

If your motor doesn't go well into the 10's it's definitely not the motor, I'm not a huge fan of the indy intake for a street driven car, even at 526" because it seems to have more of a "light switch" torque band.

I really like the 337 because it sits lower and the runners have excellent taper.

The build is well documented somewhere in Moparts, I conservatively estimate it makes ~720 with a wall to wall torque curve.

but going back to Kudarick's original question, I think your combo is pretty close to mine, I run a bullet HR 264/268 @050 0n 108 in at 102 and it revs to 6800 easily with Hughes 1.6 rockers. You can find videos of the motor on Youtube under Wizerulz. The OD might be a challenge though my motor gets happy around 2800 but it pulls really nice with 3.54 gears.

I'm actually thinking about going solid roller with a set of the BAM offset cup lifters to straighten out the pushrods a bit and something a bit smaller like the Ultradyne 259/263 @.050 with the .4033 endurance ramps and about .630 net lift, this would be a tad milder down low and even torquier at part throttle but should still rev just as high as my HR and with a lot less valvetrain mass. The better the heads are you don't really need to go as big on the cam IMHO for a mostly street driven car, the cam is basically putting the optimum powerband lower in the curve which is less stress on the block, how hard are you really gonna beat on it? Are you really gonna miss that extra 30HP at the very top of the range vs having the freight train torque and taking WOT when cruising 65mph in OD? The best cam is the one that best suits your driving needs, IMO many if not most stroker people overshoot this by 10-15 degrees for how they really drive their cars.

517SHORTBLOCK.jpg
Last edited by Streetwize; 12/22/22 11:20 AM.

WIZE

World's Quickest Diahatsu Rocky (??) 414" Stroker Small block Mopar Powered. 10.84 @ 123...and gettin' quicker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mWzLma3YGI

In Car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXcf95e6v0