Originally Posted by hemienvy
Hmm. JBC, that is very interesting !

I thought so too when I saw it. The pump in the fuel tank circulates fuel from the tank to the surge tank and back at high volume at nearly 0 psi. The in-tank pump free flows the fuel from tank to surge tank in a continuous loop, which keeps the surge tank full even when the fuel tank level is very low.

The surge tank pump circulates the high pressure fuel through the fuel rails, to the injectors, then to the pressure regulator and back into the surge tank.

These two circuits keep the high pressure surge tank full, while purging any air induced into the surge tank by the low pressure side when the fuel level is very low.

When you add the Holley Hyromat to the main tank, induced air is virtually eliminated at the source.

I'm about to double the horsepower and consequently the required fuel flow the system can provide. All I need to do to increase the fuel flow is to upsize the fuel pumps in both tanks.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)