Quote:

Quote:

Fred, I think it would depend on how badly car owners want to get involved with this particular class. It would cost about 7000-10,000 to convert a slush box to a stick. Jerico's are 3500, G- Force 4500 including shifter. Flywheel, pressure plate and disc would be 2000 from Tim Hyatt, 2800 from Rob Youngblood or 3000 from Boninfante.
It is true that it takes time to learn to tune a suspension for a stick, 2-3 TnTs. My 72 Duster has stock frame rails and takes the beating without problems, so will yours. Building a purpose-built car for the class is also a reasonable but expensive way to go. Not sure if my car fits the rules, being a W-2 headed 358 small block. If it does, I would try to make some of the events. See youtube clip.

let's simplify the above:

Now to run this series I need to spend 10k to change to a 4 speed . NO WAY

I have no problem with the automatic....BUT IF YOU ARE ERA CORRECT NO TRANS BRAKES OR TWO STEPS ON THE STARTING LINE. You can run a high side with a lenco or stick.

Lenco's killed match racing. Face it they did. It took the real drivers out of the cars.

ALLOW YOUR AUTOMATIC JUST MAKE IT ERA CORRECT.....

I ran the first trans brake ever built for a torqueflight at Gainesville FL. I know when it was and I didnt turn 16 until 1984.

Herb Jr