Quote:

Quote:

First off since this is an index race why exclude anyone? Let everyone race even the lighter cars. I cant see cutting anyone out in the 70's or even up to 82. Its a glorified bracket race and you have 4 classes. There is no reason not to let the vega's, colt's, and mustang's run. That is my opinion but you dont have enough cars to fill 4 classes with this short of notice.

What do you guys think?

Herb Jr

Herb,we beat the selection to death here a dozen times. the way they have it represents the early years best.a much truer version until when the small cars came and everything changed as you know . the sub classes let in the small cars and later years in so they can also play. maybe an overall final would work.Regretfully I am not going to run as much as I would have liked to so that's just my

This isnt a heads up race ....this is an INDEX RACE, lets face it. This is nothing but a glorified bracket race. If the cars are done right I see no problem with letting them in. You have 4 classes here and you will be lucky to have 20 cars that is not a show. As a former track promoter you want more than 20 cars in 4 classes. Your allowing automatics which is not correct in my opinion. If you run an auto you should have to footbrake not transbrake. Or you could use a clutch flite. BUT TRANSBRAKES WERENT AROUND BACK THEN AND SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED if we are on the ERA KICK. Just my opinion. If these rules are worked out and put in writing you may see a McCandless Car out there. It will be an early heavey car because I'm not scared of a vega, colt or Mustang. Hell I'm not even scared of a Fairmont!!!!

Herb Jr