Originally Posted by volaredon
Originally Posted by 360view
So, everyone on Moparts contribute $20 and buy a “transmission dynomometer” to test efficiency and power consumption?

https://powertestdyno.com/product/transmission-service-450e-series/

Or maybe give a “shout out” to trans shops that already own and operate units?

I would have figured theres a westech/Steve Brule type of person somewhere out there that has already run such tests and that there would be a published list out there "somewhere" that already exists with such info.

In the 80s when I went to a local community college in their automotive program they had a trans test machine, that could be used to test a transmission, usually after a rebuild. It had lotsa adapters for bellhousings and tq converters, I only ever saw it actually get used once in the time I was there, it had a 4 banger (1.6?) Toyota engine to power it, that I remember hearing was donated by a local wrecking yard to power it. It had a bank of pressure gauges that could monitor pressure at any of the pipe plug test ports but I don't think there was any "dyno" function on it to test power used by a given transmission

That’s because there is no trans “Dyno”. There are transmission test stands as you describe here.

A dynamometer measures output. Transmissions make no power.