Originally Posted by volaredon
I've killed a couple behind 3.9s and being a /6 is an inline and not a V6 like a 3.9, I figured that the /6 would have more torque especially with the long stroke... If I go a500 it WILL get overhauled, with heavy duty clutches and steels, billet servos with double sealing rings and a mild shift kit like I had to do to the one in my last V6 Dakota got when I had to go inside that one because of the 2-3 shift flare it had.

But I'm wanting to know (relatively at least?) How much power each of these tranny's will suck away from that /6 as compared to each other.
Again... Original to the truck... 727 lockup, then I have an a500 (hydraulic version, taken from a 91 318 Dakota) and a833 OD ... I have all here.//not looking for anything different than what I already have here, for that job.

And a place for each choice that doesn't wind up in the d150.
It wouldn't hurt me to put the a833od in my volare either ... That one will be a stick when finished no matter what. Though I was thinking of a different stick trans for that car, I have this one now. And those were "stock" in that series of car, too. My particular one is a long tail, if a 727 would fit so will the long tail 4 speed ... Another auto to stick conversion any way, so I can work with the different shifter mount location....

Given those 3 choices which would you put into a D150?

Please explain - “killed”.