Geez guys, I didn't mean to start an argument laugh2 I just want the parking brake to work. Is it a parking brake or an emergency brake? I don't care, technically it's a parking brake. Can it be used in an emergency? Absolutely. So can we leave it at that?

Anyway here's an update. I got the rear wheels off the ground and attempted to seat the shoes somewhat. The service brakes work fine. So I tried setting the parking brake with the service brakes applied and that made a world of difference. So I figured I would go ahead and tighten up the service brake adjustment. Passenger side adjusted fine, drivers side had no clicking and I could back it off with no resistance. So I pulled that drum off and the cable came out of the saddle. The lever was sticky, fixed that and checked the contact area of shoe to drum. Not much at all. No contact in the center of the shoe and where it did contact at the top and bottom it was compromised by the surface preparation of the lining. You could see the machine finish and it wasn't smooth. So I got the adjuster problem fixed, adjusted the shoes again and everything seems to be working. Took the truck out to the big hill down the road to test it and it works fine if I apply the service brake firmly while setting the parking brake except on the steepest of incline going up hill. But there was still a good bit of drag. Before it would have been a freewheel.
So as the shoes wear and seat to the drum I'm sure it will get better, but it's ok for now.
Thank you to everyone that replied and offered ideas, I really appreciated it.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost coming soon!
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.