Originally Posted by TWS
I had not attended for several years due to the disorganization, poor cleanliness, bad food choices, and the annual you are going to get screwed over by something by the time the weekend is over. I was a walk-up vendor this year, and was pleasantly surprised by the super friendly staff at the gate, garbage cans regularly emptied, relatively clean bathrooms, new fairly reasonably-priced food choices, and I didn't get screwed over once. Except an adjacent swapper crashed his van head-on into my table, and buckled it tossing some parts around. OK, you can stop now. LOL It was a really good experience overall.

For those that walk by if no prices on items, it's a swap meet not Target. The art of negotiation is lost. People are afraid to ask what a part fits, what the price is, counteroffer, etc. My buddies and I reward true swap meet folks with good deals, particularly when they have a younger person with them learning the ropes. People that ask questions, we end up explaining what we know and where they might find what they are looking for. End up talking at length with quite a few people, making new connections even.

This exactly! up I usually price some high-priced stuff, the rest is up for negotiation, I think it needs to be taught in school instead of gender studies. If someone asks I price it, but EVERYTHING is up for best offer, always has been, learn it! Don't be afraid to low ball, I will come back with something close to my ask, if is up to you to counter offer. I saw lots of stuff sell, but mostly lesser priced items, all my expensive stuff came home with me and when I talked with other vendors the same thing happened. I will always go, my 36th year attending, at least 20 as a vendor...

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!