I went Saturday. Last time was 2019. First thing that hit me was all of the fields across from the track were full of corn instead of spectators cars. Parked near the main entrance. Then I noticed that all most of the grandstands on that side were gone. Looked like no one had cut the grass in a while, weeds growing thru the fence. All the food vendors that used to be there were gone, and the one attached to the bathrooms was closed. Hardly any major vendors. Staging lanes were a ghost town, but they started to fill up a while later. No tents for survivor or show cars. There were plenty of cars in the fun fields, but I didn't see any Lil Reds and only one Warlock. Swap meet was busy, but since I sold the car I was looking for truck parts, which disappointedly there were very few. Went to watch the Christine car like exhibition pass......but the rubber band or something broke so that was a no go. The burn out was pretty good...got to see a woman flash one of the contestants (from behind unfortunately) Joe from Garage Squad was MC, but you couldn't hear what he was saying, and we were close. Meet up with some friends, had a good time, only spent $25 on small parts. I'd say National Trail needs new owners that will make this event what it used to be. And the Golf Cart Nationals were alive and well in the swap meet. I saw one moron....obviously not physically needing one, driving thru the swap meet and car corral like he was out on I70.

Last edited by basketcase; 08/14/22 11:04 AM.

Dave

1981 Dodge D150 360 auto