When it comes to aerodynamics testing Mopar did a bunch of that using crepe paper strips on one of their test Dusters back in the mid 1970s filming it and then looking at each frame from the starting line to the finish line in the 1/4 mile.
I've seen the same testing done on small racing airplanes the nose, fuselage, wings, rudder and tail designs all come into play on aerodynamic drag,
I owned and flew a Piper 260 Comanche single engine 5 place airplane, it would average around 180 MPH indicated air speed straight and level on 60% full power above 9500 Ft. above sea level, the fuel consumption got a lot better the higher you flew do to needing to lean it out for the thinner air up
We were flying back to SO CA from visiting our grandkids in Seatle WA, we were above a cloud layer at 11,500 ft the outside air temps were right at 5 F, the ride was very smooth, and I was bored so I started playing around with prop pitch RPM, sliding my seat all the way back as far as it would go made the airplane speed up around 4 MPH boogie
Slowing the prop speed down from 2400 RPM to 2300 RPM picked up 12 MPH shock
I ended up trying from 2000 RPM to 2600 RPM in 500 RPM increments, that airplane that day a in those weather at that altitude like 2300 RPM best.
My message is to test before deciding on what will work versus what you may think will or won't work on our toys twocents wrench scope work up
Lots of ways to slow down, not so many on making our cars and other toys faster, test, test and test some more wrench up

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)