I put on the edelbrock heat shield 3/8 spacer. Think it said it was actually .32 thick. Choke seems ok unmodified. I found a weird little heat shield sandwiched in there I couldn’t see before. It was an open piece on a stock dual plane. The new one has a divider down middle. Vacuum picked up on inch with the new one. Engine actually sounds little different too. I was able to screw the mixture screws in a half turn. Unfortunately it has the surge still based on my pulling it back into the garage for the day. Hot start seemed a bit easier.

I got a .595 drill bit and my new vapor separator bought from mopar mall is about that size. The old one that came in the parts box with the car has a HUGE orfice. Not even close. The shop that did the work for the last owner did some pretty shaky stuff, if they matched that, I might well have found the culprit. So next order of business will be to change the one they put on.

Also I grabbed five gallons of race gas and added a gallon, plus about 6 fresh 93 a couple weeks ago. Car seemed to do better, but still has an issue once throughly heat soaked. Like after a handful of hard runs and then town driving.

Might end up with a 180 stat. They had a 160 in the car that I didn’t care for so I put a factory 195 in. Maybe lowering under hood temps would help with this.

I want my fair share