I just went thru this on my wife's 74 Ramcharger with a 440. I ended up running a new 5/16 dedicated return line to the tank, re-configuring the tank, and using a fuel filter with a vapor discharge orifice to return to the tank. Here's a pretty complete write up I did on RamChargerCentral:

https://www.ramchargercentral.com/threads/74-ramcharger-36g-fuel-tank-upgrade-modification.332569

The truck would start to cut out and idling in traffic (ferry line which is 30 minutes to two hours waiting to get out on the island, Port Aransas, TX). I haven't gotten to the point in testing where I can say I *fixed* it, but if I continue to have problems, rather than insulate the line from the filter to the carburetor, I'm going to either build some heat shields to isolate it, or perhaps solder heat syncs onto the fuel line (like the little one used on computer chips). After watching a recent episode of engine masters where they tested header coatings and wraps, what I took away from that is that the insulation will hold the heat for longer if it was used on a fuel line. I get a 50* drop across my radiator with a shroud and fan which moves MASSIVE amounts of air. I also observed lowered engine bay temps after putting on the factory splash shields between the frame rails and inner fenders, I suspect that it has to do with the air being moved across the engine bay and down/out the bottom of the firewall now due to the addition of the splash guards.

The Federal Government has not yet learned that you cannot legislate morality 1970 Coronet R/T FF4/FF8/V85/V1G 440/Auto/3.23 1970 Coronet R/T FK5/FK5/V8W/V1W 440/Auto/3.55 1970 Super Bee TX9/TX9/V8W/N96 383/Auto/3.91 1975 Duster 360 VS29L5 Daily Driver