Glad you're doing good Wally. up

I know I'm running on borrowed time, I've had high blood pressure for decades.

In my 20's "oh, you're just nervous being in the doctor's office"
In my 30's "oh, you just need to change your diet a little"
In my 40's "oh, you just need to exercise more"
Now in my 50's "YOU'RE GONNA STROKE OUT AND DIE (if you do nothing)" eek

Nothing makes a difference. Got serious about lowering it in my late 40's and I had nothing but problems with the medication prescribed.
I've never drank or smoked, I've always tried to 'be aware' of what I'm eating, I don't frequent fast food places, avoid greasy/fried foods, am basically eating Gluten Free now. Never been one for sweets. I used to walk quite
a bit, but due to a recent foot injury, have gotten a bike. Oh, and for that matter I don't have a sedentary job. I need to loose about 20-30 lbs, (I'm 5'-10" 215lbs) but even when I was lighter, my pressure was high.

And now I live by myself, so if something does 'happen' I won't be found until I start leaking on the neighbor below or the rent comes due, whichever comes first. rolleyes

Hereditary? My Mother struggles with her BP being too low, and my Father's BP was always spot-on despite being a heavy smoker all his life (now passed). I don't really have anything to do with relatives, so I can't ask them, but both of my parents have told me their parents didn't have high BP.

So, I don't know what to do at this point., Just frustrated with the whole deal.

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥