A big thanks to All as I have much more knowledge than I did several days ago. I'm going to see what the second "problem solver" comes up with and what their bid is.
To clarify, it was poured 6 inches thick and that was15 or so years ago.
The driveway to my observations has not moved a bit up or down hill. Only the center cut has opened mainly mid way up between the "wing' and top. The top section hasn't moved at all or very little either directon. The lower section below the "wing" has just recently moved a small amount in the last few years (again the center cut only).
You have all made me feel a bit better about the original contractor whom I've questioned in my mind all this time. He was selected as he was a friend of a neighbor that became like a surrogate father to me after moving back here. The neighbor who was in construction all his life, unfortunately passed away several years back. I later found out that the contractor that did the driveway mainline business was pouring foundations and walls for new homes whistling That just might explain some of this rolleyes
Thanks again to all and i'll report back in ~ 5/6 days. beer