A couple of years ago, I moved my son from Pittsburgh to Raleigh for a new job. As part of my reward, I stopped at Mac-Fab https://macfabperformance.com/product/slick-rick-beadlocks/ and had them add single beadlock to my ancient Convo-Pros. I would have done both sides but Mac-Fab said that their jig could not add a beadlock to the inner side. I figure it would have cost $3000 to get a new pair of beadlock rims for the rear and I didn't have the budget for that so the $800 I spent saved me $2200 ... right? I called a week before to let them know I was coming. I dropped them off at about 10:30AM, took a little nap in my truck, went out to lunch and returned at 2:00PM when they called me. I inspected the work (they did a nice job) and put them back in the boxes. Once I got home, I mounted a new set of M/T ET Streets. I had a little trouble getting the tire bead to index into the beadlock recess. I had to trim some rubber flash from the ID of the tire bead. Once I had the outside figured out, I drilled holes for rim screws on the inside wheel flange. Then I mounted the tires, clamped down the beadock ring and added the rim screws. I took them up to my local tire shop and they balanced them with just a little bit of weight. My street 4-speed Cuda ran 11.70's at 120mph last September. I'm sure that rim screws would work fine at that ET. The car would go faster if I removed the exhaust system and air cleaner, had more of a chance to sort it out and get comfortable in the seat. It was the first time I had the car to the track in about 20 years. And yes, I do have a 6-point roll bar. Did I really need beadlocks? No but I wanted to drop the rear tire pressure down under 10PSI and didn't want to worry about the tire rotating on the rim and ripping out the valve stems from the tubes. And I really didn't want to drill the outside for rim screws. I suppose that some day, when I have the coin, I'll replace the Convo-Pros with something new and fancy. Yes, the beadlock does trap lots of little burnout rubber granules but I can blow that out with compressed air. And water pools in the rim when I wash the car. I have to use a towel to dry them out. But other than that, I like them. And you can mount/dismount the tire by hand. That's a nice benefit.

220528ConvoProOutsideWBeadlockSmall.jpg220528ConvoProInsideWBrakeDrumSmall.jpg

1972 Pro-Street 'Cuda, 500" Eagle stoker B Block, Eddy RPM heads, Victor Manifold, 850 Mighty Demon, Hemi 4 Speed, Dana 60 w/4.88 gears - Built by Hansen Racing Middlesex - NJ