Originally Posted by poorboy
You all should be complaining to your congressional people where it might make a difference, not here or not to e bay, they are pretty much in the same boat you are in.

The congressional switchboard number is 202-224-3121.
Tell them your name and where you live. Tell them you want to speak with your State Representative and your State Senator, and the reason you want to speak with them. The information is cataloged and everyone will know you were concerned about this issue. Be very nice to the person you speak with.

They will either give you a number to call for each representative or Senator, or they may connect you to their office. Then call, or talk, with the person in that office. It will likely be an office worker, but it could be your representative. Again, be very nice and tell them what you want, and why. These calls to the Fed Government are all recorded, don't be abusive or say stupid stuff!

If enough people get involved, it does make a difference, sometimes.

up iagree
I do have to Comment what roasts my rhoids is,
They Taxed us on the income we made while working.
They Taxed us again when we bought the items
Now they want to TAX us a 3rd time
if we sell using a TPO unless of course we can PROVE that we're not making a profit on something that who knows when it was bought or otherwise acquired.

I understand the desire of capturing those that were making a living by reselling items and not reporting the income. But dropping from 20K a year to 600.00 was obviously aimed at the middle to lower income classes.
What happened to the campaign promises to go after to corporations and upper 10-20% that pay little or nothing?

IF they really wanted to level the field a flat across the board sales tax should be implemented doing away wit all other forms of taxation.
An individual / corporation is now taxed on what they spend. So if you're Warren Buffet and live as he does (frugally) that is how you are taxed. On the other hand if your Gates, trump or anyone else that lives more lavishly, you're e taxed accordingly. SIMPLE wink It also captures all that illegal unreported income when Guido buys his new Lambo.
In Addition all those IRS employees can be furloughed and fill the jobs at McDonald's, wally world etc. That in itself would make a good dent in Gov. spending, Save a bunch of trees etc. Then dump the "Do not Call registry" which is doing nothing except adding to the deficit. I could go on but my point has been made and I hope it is not deemed to political. If so I apologize up front beer popcorn