Originally Posted by Mastershake340
Originally Posted by Brad_Haak
Originally Posted by Mastershake340
... I am wary of selling anything any more...

Understood. I don't want to sell w/ PP any longer cuz of this 1099 PITA, and I don't sell on eBarf any longer cuz their fees, etc., are "disincentives".

Yes it’s very frustrating, I’ve lived in the same house for 30 years and have gathered a few million things during that time. I’m happy to pay eBay or whomever a % to find a buyer, I don’t need a big tax headache and stress from a 1099. Nor should I have to, I’m not selling stuff to make a living. I have a good paying full time job and investments so I pay more taxes than most Americans. For years we took things like ebay for granted, I sold a few hundred items there from 2002 until a few years ago. Now I don’t know where to go to get rid of much of what I still have. Car parts, I can list on car sites like here. Other types of stuff, I’m now sol.
“You don’t know what you got, until it’s gone” a song once said. Glad I was able to find new homes for many things while I had the chance, I wish I’d been more ambitious and got rid of more and would have had I known what the future held.

There has to be a new way to sell things without government interference. If you bought an intake 20 years ago for $100.00 and sell today for $100.00, it’s not fair for the government to tax it IMO. I have some ideas, but I’m not ready to discuss here.

China is the enemy.