Originally Posted by AndyF
My Sniper was dead after sitting for two years without any battery power. Evidently the internal memory inside the Sniper goes blank after a long time without power? I had the backup file on my laptop so I just reloaded it and now it is working again. I needed a custom fitting for the pressure side of the PS system. I took a #6AN adapter and the existing tube over to the local chassis builder and he did a quick modification on the lathe and then tig welded the AN fitting onto the end of the tubing and that gave me what I needed. So we were able to hook up the PS and bleed it. I don't have the engine running yet so we spun the PS pump with an electric drill while turning the steering wheel back and forth. That seemed to burp all of the air out of the system so now I think it is ready for a test drive.

That's what might have happened on my friend's incoming project. It has been sitting for about 9 months now without a battery and the Holley sniper seems dead. We'll take a closer look this week after we finish installing the tonneau cover, headache racks, and bumpers on the truck and clear the garage. I Hope PO has a backup file.