Originally Posted by Stanton
If any of you nay-sayers lived on my street you'd be saying that this law couldn't be enacted soon enough !! I'd love our government to pass this law and while they're at it, put randomly spaced speed bumps all the way down the street.

The speed limit used to be 30 mph but the racing and speeding prompted complaints. So they lowered the limit to 25 ... like that's going to do anything !! In the 20+ years I've lived here I've seem the cops out with radar a handful of times - around 2 in the afternoon - just in time to catch the little old ladies who are late for their hairdresser appointment. The real action starts around 3 when the day shifts end but there is not a cop to be seen then because, well, that's when their shifts change too! And the cops in this city have no balls anyway!

A lot of our residential roads were already 25 around here. Now for same reason a a few people wanting something to do they've gotten them to lower it to 18 in more and more areas!! We're on a hill with an intersection at the bottom and years ago they got rid of the 4 way stop because there were too many accidents from people not being able to stop in winter and not being able to get up it. Now people who don't even live up here are pushing to put it back. They complain about road safety yet at the kids baseball diamond down the road they insisted on the city turning the parking lot into a basekball court so now every night of the spring and summer the roads are packed with cars you can barely get by and the parents stand in what's left to socialize argue