Originally Posted by CYACOP
Complaining about an event that lasts about ten seconds, quite harmless and soon forgotten doesn't make a lot of sense either.

posted by someone who doesn't live near a highway. especially a INTERSECTION. that 10 seconds becomes several minutes depending on traffic. now multiply that 1 motorcycle by 100+ going on a group ride. now that 10 seconds becomes 30-40 minutes sometimes in excess of 1 HOUR of constant nasty Harley exhaust noise being revved up and down when waiting at the intersection.
worse yet the biker bar is stop to one of those poker runs with 100+ bikes driving by. now i get to listen to , loud obnoxious exhaust noise for a ENTIRE DAY of this crap.
if they actually had mufflers this wouldn't be a problem.

i actually did get the bar owners attention when i parked out side his bar with my supercharged 08 mustang that makes 650rwhp with 3" exhaust cutouts that were opened directly in front of his door that was open. needless to say it louder than most of those motorcycles. i let the exhaust rip for a good 20 seconds before the entire bar cleared out with them whining about the noise. this lead to me finally getting a open discussion with the bar owner. he actually sat by my house for about 30 minutes and agreed it was a problem. after this discussion things improved a bit and he doesn't hold as many events, asks the bikers to take different routes and asks them not to rev up the bikes at intersections to respect the neighborhood residents.

Last edited by Mr T2U; 04/16/22 09:10 AM.

perception is 90% of reality