I really appreciate all the feedback / comments. This is not money that we anticipate needing anytime soon and is actually there more to make sure the wife is Ok should something happen to me. It is at this time 100% tax free and we have ZERO debt. There are additional accounts if immediate $$ are needed.

The comments regarding the current state of the economy/ interest rates, political issues are what is concerning me. With c/d's and savings paying .05% at best, that's a may as well put it in a mason jar. The annuities came about as I am not financially savvy and there are a few 3 year plans paying 3% which obviously is way more attractive than .5%. My thought was hopefully in 3 years things will have settled down a bit and there may be better choices /options.
I'm not overly familiar with the bonds but if my understanding is correct they sound more appealing than the annuity. I did a little looking and saw that some are limited to 10 k per person per year but it's possible I wasn't looking in the right place shruggy
My accountant said put it in vanguard but the potential for loss is a bit unnerving blush confused
So with the above added information is there additional input on what might be best ?
Thank you again all for your inputs upbeer