Originally Posted by TJP
Thank you all for the reply's especially Andrew which has my head spinning but very interesting information. I do wish there was just a way to say here's 25 -100K, tell me what to do with it to get the most return with the least risk
Anyone else ??? Thanks again

confused shruggy beer

The best return with no risk is to pay off debt. If you have zero debt (house, cars, credit cards all paid for) then the next safest place to invest 25 to 100K would be some sort of bond fund. An I bond fund or a T bond fund. But investing in bonds right now is going to suck since you'll lose money every time the Fed raises rates and they'll be raising rates for the next year or two. So you'll really get sick of opening up the mail and seeing your bond funds getting killed.

Stock market right now is a crap shoot. Lots of really weird stuff going around the world and nobody can figure out where the market is going. Not really a lot of reason for the market to go up right now and a lot of reasons for it to go down. Good chance of a recession within the next year given the odds that the Fed is going to be raising rates a fair amount.

If you don't have any debts then nothing wrong with sitting on your cash at the moment. If you really feel like you need to be invested then put a little into an S&P index fund and a little into an I bond fund and let it ride. If you want to get bold then you could make a targeted bet on who is going to win from inflation. There are some businesses that do really well during inflation so do some research and invest in that target group.

Last edited by AndyF; 04/16/22 11:42 PM.