Originally Posted by John_Kunkel
Originally Posted by Sniper
There are places you can live where they don't give a crap what you do with your property, I drive through these places all the time, they are shitholes.

Others would call them "great places to live....without uptight anal-retentive azzhole neighbors".

I'll agree with John, and allow me to explain why

Sniper, not always, had a neighbor across the road that collected crap for years by going to auctions and buying whatever was left over for one price. It bothered some but not others, like myself. We do live on acreages which can make a difference but a lot of his belongings were visible as one drove by. I moved here 28 years ago and bought 5.5 acres of ground to be left alone and do as I want. I keep my place very clean, mowed and presentable at all times and always have. I have also run a business here for 25+ years with full support of the neighbors. When I needed a zoning variation to do so legally. The inspectors that came up commented "people like you are not the reason zoning laws are written" and the neighbors all sent letters in for me.
We now have 1M + houses being built very close by smile for me. he has passed on and a developer bought the land trying to put 22 houses on it that would definitely RUINED the area as it has been. After several meetings with the C/Council it was dropped to 12. in two years he has sold two lots to 1 person but they have yet to start building. I would rather have looked at the old guys junk than have the area ruined by a developer. Good news is we have another younger collector down around the corner smile. nice guy, doesn't bother anyone just likes junk.
had the guy been totally neglecting his property in a residential area different story, but that doesn't sound like the case as several neighbors were quoted as saying he kept it clean and nice appearing.
With what little I know it sounds like harassments on technicalities like not picking up dropped fruit from his trees. WTFCares?
No offence meant to you just a differing opinion beer

Last edited by TJP; 04/16/22 01:42 PM.