Originally Posted by MR_P_BODY
Originally Posted by 8urvette
I went to start it for the first time last weekend.

And my starter failed. Ordered a new one from summit, bought a xspower starter, and it wont clear my headers.

I pulled my stock one apart and fixed a broke solder. and now it works again. SOrta.

Cranked th car a few times and naturally the distributor was 180 off. Not sure how I always seem to do this, but i am very consistant with it. Flipped it around 180* and cranked it over, it coughed and sputtered. cranked it again and it fired up and sorta idled. I have no coolant in it so I turned it off, checked over a bunch of stuff and went to start it again.... started failed. UGH!!!!!!!

I'm running the same set up still have a issue on start up(has a 3 second crank time) I need to check my wiring
but I heard of this issue before... other than that it starts all the time... this is on my Rampage
wave

Does it crank so long because it has to build fuel pressure? When my car sits overnight it cranks a little longer because it has to fill the fuel lines but its still not 3 seconds I don't think. I changed the fuel pump prime so it runs the pump longer before it buzzes the injectors to prime for fuel, and that helped.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340