My recommendation is get ceramic, porcelain or lower cost stone. Buy once.

I'm not questioning your knowledge HOWEVER as a consumer having had my share of these hard surfaces there are a few things I'd like to point out.

1) drop anything hard on a tile and its likely to crack or chip - requiring replacement - a "resilient" flooring will absorb the blow - try it, drop a hammer on each one.
2) hard surfaces require grout - which gets absolutely filthy and eventually is impossible to get clean. Replacement is no fun at all.
3) hard surfaces are COLD on the feet. They may be ambient temperature but they sure feel cold on the feet
4) the color and pattern selections of vinyl flooring are far broader than hard surfaces.
5) there is a significant difference in surface prep and installation cost - hard surface being much more expensive

Whatever the OP decides, one recommendation I do have is to avoid the products from big box stores like the plague. These are usually bought in huge, one-time batches and a year later the item is gone for good should you want any more of the same.

Regardless of what you buy, always buy a few square feet extra.

Last edited by Stanton; 03/22/22 09:33 AM.