Originally Posted by 340SIX
Flooring installer for 42 years ended up manager and running a company last 15 before I retired. What brands and floors are you looking at.
Did tons oflArmstrong as well as other.
My recommendation is get or lower cost stone. Buy once.
But if you go vinyl what ones are you looking at need more info.

thank you for offering you assistance. Brands of floors? I'm not sure i know how to answer that. We've gone to all the larger local flooring retailers and they all seem to all have A lot of "wood pattern" offerings, but limited offerings in anything else.
We currently have Armstrong Alterna and it did well for 12 or so years until the wife dropped a can of Plegde and it delaminated.
Shortly afterwards the dishwasher blew a pump and we now have a pregnant floor LOL.
We found A Coretec Ankara Trevertine LINKY TOR CORETEC FLOOR That she really likes but their online response to problems seems poor IMO.
The problem with the wood patterns is there is A LOT OF WOOD in the are the floor will be installed (Kitchen, Laundry, Eating area etc.)
Your suggestion of "ceramic, porcelain or stone" in the The kitchen area would concern me if something like a pan was dropped.

I hope all of this is making some kind of sense, To summarize I would say we are looking for more of a somewhat solid pattern from a company that will stand behind their products with no BS like Armstrong did. Unfortunately they have nothing appealing to the boss frown
Thanks again for any assistance you can provide