Originally Posted by Dabee
Originally Posted by SomeCarGuy
The 1268 kit lacks a fuel pump, also not sure you get the wideband with it either, guessing not or it’d be mentioned.

I had an early Holley projection system on a 440. It worked well enough, but didn’t have the o2 and the mpg wasn’t good. I had a truck with a TQ that ran every bit as good as that system did. Only way I’d consider efi now is with a sensor. I think the options now are cool, but being older and wiser I see them all as being more complication and small improvement for an occasional use car. Occams Razor.

Haven’t seen a throttle body efi that doesn’t have an o2 sensor yet. Most don’t come with a fuel pump. If the do it’s us external. They really should have an in tank pump. External pumps work but I wouldn’t recommend using one. I seen a huge fuel mileage increase when I put the FASt 2000 on my 512 stroker. Having better control of the air fuel ratio helped but I believe having the ability to program the timing curve has the most influence on MPG.

The Projection had an O2 sensor as an added cost option, not included. FWIW, it was a horrible setup. Put the 2Di on my Diplomat, it ran after a fashion, sprung for the O2 option, no difference in function. It did teach me a lot about how NOT to do a TBI setup.