Originally Posted by CokeBottleKid
Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Well some folks participate in motorsports some set on the sidelines and tell us all how it should be done. Nothing new been going on since time began.

*shrug* maybe those people would participate if the competition and what it presents itself as made sense.

I remember a young man, under 25 Yrs. old probably, asking me why I was racing a non OEM 1963 Plymouth 2 door sedan with a Max wedge motor in it at the Winternationals in the late 1970s. I was the third owner of that original car, he had seen something somewhere about the OEM M.W. engine wiring harness having to be on the top of the passenger side inner fender well, not held onto the side of the inner fender well with the factory grommets mine came with originally. Mopar had made a change mid-year on were they located that harness on the M.W. cars due to the heat from the large cast iron exhaust manifolds was what I was told at one of the Mopar drag seminars by Tom Hoover in the mid 1970s.
When I told him he was mistaken on that information on the early M.W. cars he was sure his "source" was correct shruggy
Lots of experts out there read and repeat untruths tsk

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)