Moparts

sick week

Posted By: bigdad

sick week - 02/07/22 08:38 PM

Posted By: GY3

Re: sick week - 02/07/22 10:04 PM

I've been watching lots of Youtuber channels as they prepare for this week.

Some really cool stuff going!
Posted By: John Burdine

Re: sick week - 02/07/22 11:02 PM

Love the Caddy @ 20:16 mark.
Posted By: longram60

Re: sick week - 02/07/22 11:09 PM

Is that the Gebhart Gremlin?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: sick week - 02/07/22 11:23 PM

It definitely is. He torched a piston,and blew the valve covers off it. He is searching for a 440 piston. Stock stroke, 1.094 pin, 4.360 bore.

Attached picture 273529645_1894709994052835_3212497350978479412_n.jpg
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: sick week - 02/08/22 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
It definitely is. He torched a piston,and blew the valve covers off it. He is searching for a 440 piston. Stock stroke, 1.094 pin, 4.360 bore.

That is actually the white pickup that is with them, not the Gremlin.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: sick week - 02/08/22 12:57 AM

Had the live feed going in the background all day today. Sounds like Schroeder and Bailey are both out already. Schroeder hurt a bunch of pistons. Not sure what happened to Bailey but it occurred on the drive.

The Mak TV Camaro had a solid 7.15 I think, but then looked like it broke something in the driveline. The Cleetus cars weren't running that well. The turbo Volvo wagon went 6.80's, killer passes for them!

Super, super impressed with the G force shifted '65 GTO from Alberta. They drove from Alberta to Florida, hoping they get an 8 second pass out of it.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: sick week - 02/08/22 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Blusmbl
Had the live feed going in the background all day today. Sounds like Schroeder and Bailey are both out already. Schroeder hurt a bunch of pistons. Not sure what happened to Bailey but it occurred on the drive.

The Mak TV Camaro had a solid 7.15 I think, but then looked like it broke something in the driveline. The Cleetus cars weren't running that well. The turbo Volvo wagon went 6.80's, killer passes for them!

Super, super impressed with the G force shifted '65 GTO from Alberta. They drove from Alberta to Florida, hoping they get an 8 second pass out of it.

That is Rich Guido "The Canadian Chuck Norris". Super nice guy and that car is super nice. The only time it has ever been trailered to a drag and drive event is when he had to get it over the border during covid. Its a monster and makes like 1300HP to the tire!

Re: sick week - 02/08/22 11:04 AM

Today's racing in Orlando has already been cancelled because of rain.
Posted By: 65Fury440

Re: sick week - 02/08/22 11:10 AM

Those valve covers .......wow!

Re: sick week - 02/08/22 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish
That is Rich Guido "The Canadian Chuck Norris". Super nice guy and that car is super nice. The only time it has ever been trailered to a drag and drive event is when he had to get it over the border during covid. Its a monster and makes like 1300HP to the tire!

LOL @ the Canadian Chuck Norris! Pontiac powered too. Super impressive car and it looks to be incredibly well done, found one of the Canadian youtubers who is riding with them for the trip and can't wait to watch the other installments. I'm not sure you could pick a more difficult combo to test reliability.

Re: sick week - 02/08/22 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by 65Fury440
Those valve covers .......wow!

He said it had a dead hole, shut it off and when they went to re-start it all the nitrous in that hole exploded.
Posted By: CokeBottleKid

Re: sick week - 02/10/22 03:45 AM

Not really a fan of these events, I'd like to see a version with actual street cars, not racecars with 1" lift cams etc that break lifters/springs etc in every event. I want a street car version of one of these with 91 pump gas only, no engine etc repairs allowed, slicks allowed to be swapped on at the tracks.

Re: sick week - 02/10/22 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by CokeBottleKid
Not really a fan of these events, I'd like to see a version with actual street cars, not racecars with 1" lift cams etc that break lifters/springs etc in every event. I want a street car version of one of these with 91 pump gas only, no engine etc repairs allowed, slicks allowed to be swapped on at the tracks.

There is plenty of those too, bit they only run low 7's.

Re: sick week - 02/10/22 04:02 AM

You should drag The Haze out and show 'em how it's done!

Re: sick week - 02/10/22 04:15 AM

Which events? Pump gas drags? Don't they allow engine work etc?
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: sick week - 02/10/22 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by GY3

You should drag The Haze out and show 'em how it's done!

It lurks in darkness with way to many others, including mine. Lol šŸ˜‚

Re: sick week - 02/10/22 05:45 AM

Coke, what I meant was there are plenty of cars at these events that even though the rules allow it, that do not require any repairs to complete the event. And there is a sealed hood option where they cannot open the hood for the entire event, and a sealed engine option too. I'm pretty sure guys have gone sevens with a sealed engine. Which means they can't take off a valve cover or pan or anything. Lots of guys don't change tires.

Re: sick week - 02/10/22 11:27 AM

Coke, what I meant was there are plenty of cars at these events that even though the rules allow it, that do not require any repairs to complete the event. And there is a sealed hood option where they cannot open the hood for the entire event, and a sealed engine option too. I'm pretty sure guys have gone sevens with a sealed engine. Which means they can't take off a valve cover or pan or anything. Lots of guys don't change tires.

I love how people that have never been to these events, say how the rules should be. LOL!! Basically everyone that thinks the rules should change, think they should change to fit THEIR cars, and THEN they would go to the event.

Don't like the event? Don't go... Those of us that have gone, love the events, and look forward to it every year.

Re: sick week - 02/10/22 12:34 PM

Tried to catch up on the live feed yesterday. The Canadian Chuck Norris ran 8.77 (!!!) in the GTO. You could hear people cheering in the background of the live feed, it was awesome to see! Honk if Parts Fall Off is out, they hurt a trans and think something is wrong with the motor too. Bailey's car dropped a valve and he didn't think he could get a new cylinder head in time to finish. The Gremlin is looking sweet and pulling wheelstands as usual. MAK TV got their Camaro down to a 7.10, hope we see them run a 6.xx anything at one of the tracks. The PFI Speed guys who blew their Civic motor in half on the burnout on day 1 were able to make a pass, but they blew it up again a couple hundred feet out. Alex Taylor's 55 hurt a plug and a valve on their only pass today. I didn't see the Swedish C4 make a good pass and I think the Swedish Volvo *only* ran a 7.03.
Posted By: racerx

Re: sick week - 02/10/22 02:08 PM

All i can say is there some unique Fast a$$ cars there up cool

Re: sick week - 02/10/22 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Blusmbl
Tried to catch up on the live feed yesterday. The Canadian Chuck Norris ran 8.77 (!!!) in the GTO. You could hear people cheering in the background of the live feed, it was awesome to see! Honk if Parts Fall Off is out, they hurt a trans and think something is wrong with the motor too. Bailey's car dropped a valve and he didn't think he could get a new cylinder head in time to finish. The Gremlin is looking sweet and pulling wheelstands as usual. MAK TV got their Camaro down to a 7.10, hope we see them run a 6.xx anything at one of the tracks. The PFI Speed guys who blew their Civic motor in half on the burnout on day 1 were able to make a pass, but they blew it up again a couple hundred feet out. Alex Taylor's 55 hurt a plug and a valve on their only pass today. I didn't see the Swedish C4 make a good pass and I think the Swedish Volvo *only* ran a 7.03.

Follow Eric Yost(customs by Bigun) or "Bitter Tears" for updates on the C4. They got a 6.83 in at the end of the day from what I saw on facebook.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: sick week - 02/10/22 02:22 PM

I watched yesterday for awhile it was pretty entertaining especially all the different types of cars... Mark in the champagne Grand Prix that ran 8.64 lives a few blocks from me.. he puts a lot of work in that car and he does drive it on the street including the 30 miles or so to our local track for testing... I lent him my engine hoist quite a few years ago and it came back with a Super Chevy sticker on it... funny!!!

Re: sick week - 02/11/22 01:11 AM

Thanks Clark, following them now!

Mark was featured in the 1320 video drive recap from the first day. They were broken down 50 feet from Bradenton, his trunk monkey put the pump gas in the race gas tank so they ran out of fuel, lol. Did a sweet trailer burnout though!

Alex Taylor didn't run today. The MAK TV Camaro ran 6.98, and I saw the GTO run another high 8 but not as good as his pass yesterday. The Roadkill guys put a new clutch in their Firebird and ran in the 14's again. Lotsa cars running 8.49 on the 8.50 index!
Posted By: LA360

Re: sick week - 02/11/22 01:37 AM

I've been watching some of Steve Morris' posts on Youtube, along with the 1320 Video posts. It looks like it's a cool event with lots of different cars entered. Larry Larson has been posting some updates as well. Hopefully Tom Bailey runs it again in the future.

Re: sick week - 02/11/22 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by LA360
I've been watching some of Steve Morris' posts on Youtube, along with the 1320 Video posts. It looks like it's a cool event with lots of different cars entered. Larry Larson has been posting some updates as well. Hopefully Tom Bailey runs it again in the future.

From everyone I have talked to this event has been done really well so I don't doubt Tom will do it again. MotorTrend just needs to let him take over drag week lol.

I saw the HEMI Fox today ran a 7.69 even having to pedal it a little bit. I love fox body mustangs, but I don't like ford engines so that is one of my Favorites lol.

Rick Trunket(sp) I think was in the 7s with his Small Block Mopar powered Duster.

I haven't watched much of the live feed just 1320s videos and a few randoms on you tube.

Re: sick week - 02/15/22 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by JERICOGTX

I love how people that have never been to these events, say how the rules should be. LOL!! Basically everyone that thinks the rules should change, think they should change to fit THEIR cars, and THEN they would go to the event.

Don't like the event? Don't go... Those of us that have gone, love the events, and look forward to it every year.

Sealed engine option sounds good to me, I'm not asking them to change rules for me, what makes you think I'm interested in competing? Shits just a money/time competition, boomer housing money gonna win every time smile. I don't even watch these events much less go, as explained I'm not interested in watching some long bearded dudes with 100+k in their cars with 1" roller cams snapping springs every other event going at it to call their cars the fastest "street" cars when they're not even close to real street cars. Same reason I don't watch NASCAR, they're not "stock cars" or anything close to even resembling what you'd get at a dealer. The sealed motor classes though I'd be interested in watching, heck maybe I'd make a pass or two if I got my junk together but I don't have the time/money to win.
Posted By: RTSE4ME

Re: sick week - 02/15/22 12:13 PM

I like watching and admire people with their 100+k in their cars with 1" roller cams but would never do it.... I don't even like towing to the track.
Spending all those dollars and time building a car having risk somebody running into you and having a used up car at the end.
I did something similar it was called dirt track racing whiney

Re: sick week - 02/15/22 12:33 PM

If people think that it is just a rich persons game a these Drag and Drive events, you couldn't be further from the truth. Most of them are simple blue collar workers. MOST do all the work on the cars themselves, and I mean ALL the work. The are ambitious people. They don't sit around and wait for others to do things for them. Mark, the guy that won Hot Rod class at Drag Week this year, has very little money into his 8 second truck, built from swap meet parts. He told me his daily driver is a rusty old truck with 500K on it, and not worth $500. These people sacrifice a lot of things others have/do, just so they can attend these events. You would be surprised how many cars arrive on open trailers. Richard Giudo DROVE his car from Canada, to Florida for the start of Sick Week. He isn't the only one.

Can't work on the car between tracks, or it's not a street car? PLEASE... I have to work on my s#!tbox daily driver once in a while. Just because YOU are not willing to do the things these people are, don't assume they are not street cars. This isn't the Fastest Daily driver competition.

Get out in the garage, get your car running, and stop being a armchair quarterback.

Re: sick week - 02/15/22 05:03 PM

Not only did Richard Guido Drive his 65 GTO thru blizzards and snow covered roads from Canada to Florida for Sick Week, he ran 8.77 in the 1/4, he finished, but also he won the stick shift shootout. Yup T56 magnum. Now that is a true street car!
Posted By: ksj

Re: sick week - 02/15/22 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by 11secdart
I watched yesterday for awhile it was pretty entertaining especially all the different types of cars... Mark in the champagne Grand Prix that ran 8.64 lives a few blocks from me.. he puts a lot of work in that car and he does drive it on the street including the 30 miles or so to our local track for testing... I lent him my engine hoist quite a few years ago and it came back with a Super Chevy sticker on it... funny!!!
Mark nipped a piston on the last day.He got quite a few passes and Drag and Drive events without any issues until Sick Week. He does drive a Ram truck and his wife has a newer Charger at least.Hotrod one year called him Mike and called his car a Monte Carlo. We just say "Hey theres Mike with his Ponti Carlo" LOL

Re: sick week - 02/15/22 06:04 PM

Not only did Richard Guido Drive his 65 GTO thru blizzards and snow covered roads from Canada to Florida for Sick Week, he ran 8.77 in the 1/4, he finished, but also he won the stick shift shootout. Yup T56 magnum. Now that is a true street car!

Usually there is a guy out of Colorado that does nearly the same thing with a twin turbo Ford Fairlane(?) with a stick in the same class.

We've went and spectated at Drag Week and Rocky Mountain Race Week at multiple tracks. It's crazy what shows up at these events.

Re: sick week - 02/15/22 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by GY3

Usually there is a guy out of Colorado that does nearly the same thing with a twin turbo Ford Fairlane(?) with a stick in the same class.

We've went and spectated at Drag Week and Rocky Mountain Race Week at multiple tracks. It's crazy what shows up at these events.

That's Bangshift Billy Armstrong, that Fairlane is a 427 Windsor and is super nice inside and out.

You will always see something at one of these drag and drive events that you would not expect. Like the guy racing the Franklin, or the Mini Van with two engines on drag week. Or even some crazy guy with 8 carbs on a early hemi with a T56. There is always something strange and or unusual at these events and that is one of the many reasons they are so awesome.

Re: sick week - 02/15/22 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by GY3

That's Bangshift Billy Armstrong, that Fairlane is a 427 Windsor and is super nice inside and out.

You will always see something at one of these drag and drive events that you would not expect. Like the guy racing the Franklin, or the Mini Van with two engines on drag week. Or even some crazy guy with 8 carbs on a early hemi with a T56. There is always something strange and or unusual at these events and that is one of the many reasons they are so awesome.

That guy with 8 carbs is a little strange... Heard he brings a Tuba with him on Drag Week.

Re: sick week - 02/15/22 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by GY3

That guy with 8 carbs is a little strange... Heard he brings a Tuba with him on Drag Week.
A Tuba what?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: sick week - 02/16/22 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by ksj
[quote=Bad340fish][quote=GY3][quote=

A Tuba what?
I'll correct that for you: A tube of what or Watt grin whistling
Posted By: moparx

Re: sick week - 02/16/22 05:23 PM

i have heard that when the "tuba sings", you do not want to be anywhere around.................. panic
beer

Re: sick week - 02/16/22 05:45 PM

Attached picture C06B388A-89D6-4CB2-BA8D-0D0631A7D625.jpeg

Re: sick week - 02/17/22 12:02 AM

I'll definitely say spectating Drag Week a few years ago, and watching the live feed, along with checking out all of the various coverage on youtube, gives you a new appreciation for what can be a street car and what effort is involved to race some of these cars. The people doing this kind of stuff seem to do everything themselves, aren't afraid of work, help everyone else, and don't quit when they get tossed a crappy hand. It's pretty remarkable to see, and is inspiring for somebody with a hot rod in the garage that wants to get in on the action. It was also cool that most of the same people showed up to race Roadkill Nights.

I still can't believe in 2 weeks Richard Guido put 7200 miles on a 4000# car that runs in the 8's with a manual trans and a Pontiac motor!
Posted By: greendart408

Re: sick week - 02/17/22 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

Rick Trunkett went I saw a 7.86@178 I believe. I bought all of my efi stuff from them. He is helping me dial my f2, w8 stuff in. He is good people and very helpful. I think after that pass on day 3 he tuliped some valves he said. I wish something like this race was closer to me I would be all in.

Re: sick week - 02/17/22 05:02 AM

If people think that it is just a rich persons game a these Drag and Drive events, you couldn't be further from the truth. Most of them are simple blue collar workers. MOST do all the work on the cars themselves, and I mean ALL the work. The are ambitious people. They don't sit around and wait for others to do things for them. Mark, the guy that won Hot Rod class at Drag Week this year, has very little money into his 8 second truck, built from swap meet parts. He told me his daily driver is a rusty old truck with 500K on it, and not worth $500. These people sacrifice a lot of things others have/do, just so they can attend these events. You would be surprised how many cars arrive on open trailers. Richard Giudo DROVE his car from Canada, to Florida for the start of Sick Week. He isn't the only one.

Can't work on the car between tracks, or it's not a street car? PLEASE... I have to work on my s#!tbox daily driver once in a while. Just because YOU are not willing to do the things these people are, don't assume they are not street cars. This isn't the Fastest Daily driver competition.

Get out in the garage, get your car running, and stop being a armchair quarterback.

"Street" cars arriving on open trailers, is that how street cars drive, that's supposed to be impressive?

Guy driving from Canada to Florida... yes, 1 legit street car out of how many... also how many valvesprings/lifters he go through?

Re: sick week - 02/17/22 11:21 AM

"Street" cars arriving on open trailers, is that how street cars drive, that's supposed to be impressive?

Guy driving from Canada to Florida... yes, 1 legit street car out of how many... also how many valvesprings/lifters he go through?

So your not impressed... No one that goes to these events cares if your impressed. If you don't like these events, why do you continue to follow this thread? When is the last time The Haze ran? 20 years ago? That doesn't impress me.

Re: sick week - 02/17/22 04:15 PM

Richard had no valvetrain or any other issues. The technology is alot better since these drag and drive events started in 2005.There were probably less than half a dozen that had valvetrain issues this year.Robert williams ran 8s and drove his car to the event. Granted he didnt have the drive to get there like Richard did but still did it.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: sick week - 02/17/22 05:32 PM

I see lots of reference to it being all Pontiac which is really cool. But makes me think a lot of folks here have not kept up on whats happening in the Pontiac world. Some pretty impressive parts and blocks for way less than we pay. Just sayin

As for no being impressed because a car gets trailered to an event but then proceeds to drive 800+ miles, in this case and runs 6,7,8,9, or even 10's does not impress you then please step up and show us all how it should be done rolleyes

Re: sick week - 02/17/22 06:44 PM

LOL! My street car still gets trailered to the track. Why? I'm spoiled and like A/C, a popup tent for shade, minibike, cooler, tools...

Not sure why you have such a disdain for a trailer?

Re: sick week - 02/17/22 11:04 PM

So your not impressed... No one that goes to these events cares if your impressed. If you don't like these events, why do you continue to follow this thread? When is the last time The Haze ran? 20 years ago? That doesn't impress me.

I'm not impressed with them making the whole event about 'street' cars when they really aren't, why are you getting so pissy and defensive? This is a discussion forum where we discuss things. And this thread is about discussing these types of races, which I am discussing.

Re: sick week - 02/17/22 11:07 PM

Attached picture 3D7E7F8A-73AF-4101-A35D-53796721743D.jpeg

Re: sick week - 02/17/22 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by GY3

LOL! My street car still gets trailered to the track. Why? I'm spoiled and like A/C, a popup tent for shade, minibike, cooler, tools...

Not sure why you have such a disdain for a trailer?

I don't have a problem with people trailing their cars to regular track events; but when it's an event centered around these cars being "street cars" and there's a whole part of the competition about the cars driving from track to track on their own power, but they show up to the event trailered... just undermines the whole point of the event (just like NASCAR). If they called it "Weird competition where race cars drive from track to track with baby trailers and replace valvesprings every 100 miles" I'd have no problem with it smile

Re: sick week - 02/17/22 11:15 PM

Everyone has there own opinion about what a "street car" is. That will never be settled. To some, a 30 mile drive proves it. For those who do Drag Week stuff, 800 + miles in a week is proof. To others, you have to drive it to work every day, all winter.
Posted By: BigBlockGTS

Re: sick week - 02/17/22 11:29 PM

Hemi Joel is right that a street car definition that all agree to will never be found but I'm sorry- If you drive a car 800 miles on various roads and race it several times, its a street car regardless of what someone says. 7 second cars occasionally eat valve train parts and need maintenance so to me some of that is to be expected. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and as was said, this is a discussion forum but I am blown away that someone would look down on people that do this and not find it impressive.
Posted By: squirrel

Re: sick week - 02/18/22 12:59 AM

I don't have a problem with people trailing their cars to regular track events; but when it's an event centered around these cars being "street cars" and there's a whole part of the competition about the cars driving from track to track on their own power, but they show up to the event trailered... just undermines the whole point of the event

There are a few of us who drive to this type of event and back home....but we're not generally driving the quickest cars.

Maybe you could give it a try, see how quick you can go in a car you can drive there and back. Go quicker than 10.0, I'll give you a lot of respect.

Re: sick week - 02/18/22 04:27 AM

Everyone has there own opinion about what a "street car" is. That will never be settled. To some, a 30 mile drive proves it. For those who do Drag Week stuff, 800 + miles in a week is proof. To others, you have to drive it to work every day, all winter.

Quite a jump, I'm not saying it has to be a daily, just you know, be able to not do major engine work (valve springs or lifters are major) in less than say 100k miles.

Re: sick week - 02/18/22 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by squirrel
I don't have a problem with people trailing their cars to regular track events; but when it's an event centered around these cars being "street cars" and there's a whole part of the competition about the cars driving from track to track on their own power, but they show up to the event trailered... just undermines the whole point of the event

There are a few of us who drive to this type of event and back home....but we're not generally driving the quickest cars.

Maybe you could give it a try, see how quick you can go in a car you can drive there and back. Go quicker than 10.0, I'll give you a lot of respect.

Squirrel! shock

And to you I give respect, as long as it hasn't had springs/lifters since you built it laugh

Re: sick week - 02/18/22 05:27 PM

Well some folks participate in motorsports some set on the sidelines and tell us all how it should be done. Nothing new been going on since time began.

Re: sick week - 02/18/22 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Well some folks participate in motorsports some set on the sidelines and tell us all how it should be done. Nothing new been going on since time began.

Yep. And share everything they have read in a book or learned on the internet.
Posted By: crazytrain

Re: sick week - 02/18/22 05:56 PM

CokeBottleKid, I trailered my car on an open trailer to this event from northern Pa, not because my car couldn't make the drive, but because you never know what is going to happen and I can at least get the car home if there happened to be catastrophic failure, because things do break. Mind you, my car is by far not the quickest, as it ran it's best of 11.74@113 on day one, but that is in a 4600# wagon with no power adder. But the goal for me for this event was not to impress people but rather to just survive the week, make the best passes I could, enjoy the drives and hanging out with like minded people. Even the tamest of vehicles have issues no matter how new or old, so you shouldn't judge people by whether they transport the car to an event or not.

Re: sick week - 02/18/22 07:04 PM

A Facebook group had a bunch of people telling the F.A.S.T. group which cars should be legal and which ones should not. Nevermind rules have been in place for years and (very good) reasons have been given for why they came to those conclusions. It's funny because people that have no skin in the game and don't even race in the series were the loudest to voice their opinions that, in the end, did not matter at all! Very similar situation here.

Re: sick week - 02/18/22 07:12 PM

No different than what we get with NMCA NA10.5 and to some extent the West Coast NA group. AS they say "haters gonna hate"

Re: sick week - 02/19/22 01:49 AM

*shrug* maybe those people would participate if the competition and what it presents itself as made sense.

Re: sick week - 02/19/22 03:02 AM

*shrug* maybe those people would participate if the competition and what it presents itself as made sense.

I remember a young man, under 25 Yrs. old probably, asking me why I was racing a non OEM 1963 Plymouth 2 door sedan with a Max wedge motor in it at the Winternationals in the late 1970s. I was the third owner of that original car, he had seen something somewhere about the OEM M.W. engine wiring harness having to be on the top of the passenger side inner fender well, not held onto the side of the inner fender well with the factory grommets mine came with originally. Mopar had made a change mid-year on were they located that harness on the M.W. cars due to the heat from the large cast iron exhaust manifolds was what I was told at one of the Mopar drag seminars by Tom Hoover in the mid 1970s.
When I told him he was mistaken on that information on the early M.W. cars he was sure his "source" was correct shruggy
Lots of experts out there read and repeat untruths tsk

Re: sick week - 02/19/22 04:54 AM

Read and repeat untruths? Ok yes street cars all should replace their valvesprings every oil change... yep truth
Posted By: RTSE4ME

Re: sick week - 02/19/22 11:19 AM

No they wouldn't since participating in motorsports makes no sense.

Re: sick week - 02/19/22 02:27 PM

And maybe those folks will choose a lifetime of sitting on the sidelines telling the rest how it should be done.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: sick week - 02/19/22 03:47 PM

You mean people win these events?? My goal would be to even finish!! Iā€™m sure quite a few of us have stared at our jack stand bracket cars wonderingā€¦ā€¦ what if?? I didnā€™t really follow sick week. Not sure why. Iā€™ve enjoyed tuning into drag week over the years. I mean how cool when Brad, Brett, and Tory thrashed together the Dart and then went out and won small block N/A! Spending a week on the road to meet up with car guys at selected tracksā€¦. Whatā€™s not to love!! and CBKid, perhaps check out some of Roadkills Zip Tie events. Perhaps those will fit your ā€œnicheā€ a lil better.
Posted By: moparx

Re: sick week - 02/19/22 05:59 PM

the older i get, the dumber i realize i really am ! biggrin
so anything i state, you can take with a grain of salt ! laugh2
beer
Posted By: EvilB1Dart

Re: sick week - 02/20/22 01:30 AM

Regardless of how these events are run, how cars arrive to events or how cars are postured to compete, Iā€™ve always been overjoyed to read about the sportsmanship, friendships made and time/effort the racer/teams put into competing, and their WILL to just FINISH at all costs. Any type of drag racing event or those doing it is very inspiring for me personally.

Re: sick week - 02/20/22 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by EvilB1Dart
Regardless of how these events are run, how cars arrive to events or how cars are postured to compete, Iā€™ve always been overjoyed to read about the sportsmanship, friendships made and time/effort the racer/teams put into competing, and their WILL to just FINISH at all costs. Any type of drag racing event or those doing it is very inspiring for me personally.

Come out and join us Wes! Itā€™s the greatest car adventure youā€™ll ever experience.
Posted By: EvilB1Dart

Re: sick week - 02/20/22 03:56 AM

Come out and join us Wes! Itā€™s the greatest car adventure youā€™ll ever experience.

Jeff,

I bet it would be fun! I admire you guys that participate!

Re: sick week - 02/20/22 11:39 AM

Jeff,

I bet it would be fun! I admire you guys that participate!

Race Cars at the track, race cars at the gas station, race cars at the restaurants, race cars on the road, race cars at the hotel, rinse repeat for five days(if all goes well). Its hard to beat!

I can't imagine the grumblings of people that end up in these hotels that are actually traveling for work or something. So many loud cars arriving all hours of the night, then about the time they think it is safe they start rolling out to the track at 6am.

Re: sick week - 02/20/22 01:19 PM

Race Cars at the track, race cars at the gas station, race cars at the restaurants, race cars on the road, race cars at the hotel, rinse repeat for five days(if all goes well). Its hard to beat

That's one of the things I love about Drag Week. You are totally immersed in car culture for the week. In my normal day to day life, 95% of the people that I come into contact with don't give a hoot about the car hobby / racing lifestyle. They want to talk about ball sports, or politics or their kids or grandkids.

At drag week, 95% of the people that you come into contact with are total car nuts. They get it. Nobody has said to me "hey how about those Twins, or, I suppose you're a Viking fan?" They want to talk about their car, my car, somebody else's car, the track, the drive, etc. I love it!

Re: sick week - 02/20/22 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by J_BODY
You mean people win these events?? My goal would be to even finish!! Iā€™m sure quite a few of us have stared at our jack stand bracket cars wonderingā€¦ā€¦ what if?? I didnā€™t really follow sick week. Not sure why. Iā€™ve enjoyed tuning into drag week over the years. I mean how cool when Brad, Brett, and Tory thrashed together the Dart and then went out and won small block N/A! Spending a week on the road to meet up with car guys at selected tracksā€¦. Whatā€™s not to love!! and CBKid, perhaps check out some of Roadkills Zip Tie events. Perhaps those will fit your ā€œnicheā€ a lil better.

Hey I'm not saying the event sucks, racing is always good, I just have a problem with them calling the winner the "fastest street car in the U.S".

Re: sick week - 02/20/22 09:10 PM

[quote=

Hey I'm not saying the event sucks, racing is always good, I just have a problem with them calling the winner the "fastest street car in the U.S".
Why?
Posted By: B1MAXX

Re: sick week - 02/20/22 10:58 PM

If it can't make it up my driveway is it still a street car? That would be my test. devil

Re: sick week - 02/21/22 02:24 AM

So what defines the fastest street car to you? 405 cars? Street Outlaws? Americas List etc.
Posted By: LA360

Re: sick week - 02/21/22 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by ksj
So what defines the fastest street car to you? 405 cars? Street Outlaws? Americas List etc.

If you can legally drive it? Or am I making it too simple, haha
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: sick week - 02/21/22 01:07 PM

Just buy a car someone else built, stick it in the garage and never drive it. Wait 20 years then tell us all about not breaking parts and how we're not what you consider street.

Sounds about right

Re: sick week - 02/21/22 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by FastmOp
Just buy a car someone else built, stick it in the garage and never drive it. Wait 20 years then tell us all about not breaking parts and how we're not what you consider street.

Sounds about right

grin

Re: sick week - 02/22/22 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
[quote=

Why?

Have you had your head in a hole Cab? Cuz it's not an f'ing street car by most logical peoples definition.

Re: sick week - 02/22/22 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by LA360
Originally Posted by ksj

If you can legally drive it? Or am I making it too simple, haha

Well good you're making my point then, the winner isn't the fastest street car because there are faster cars that couldn't be driven track to track. Luckily most peoples definition of a street car is alot more stringent (and logical) than that.

Re: sick week - 02/22/22 02:24 AM

So what your saying is you do not think it meets your standard to be considered a "Street Car", correct?

Re: sick week - 02/22/22 05:17 PM

And so it continues. Someones OPINION of a street car does not align with streetcar drag and drive events being a baromter of who is the fastest street car rolleyes Although he is not content with his opinion everyone else must adapt said opinion or they are flat out wrong. All this from a keyboard racer, I believe that about sums it up work
© 2024 Moparts Forums