Originally Posted by CokeBottleKid
Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
If people think that it is just a rich persons game a these Drag and Drive events, you couldn't be further from the truth. Most of them are simple blue collar workers. MOST do all the work on the cars themselves, and I mean ALL the work. The are ambitious people. They don't sit around and wait for others to do things for them. Mark, the guy that won Hot Rod class at Drag Week this year, has very little money into his 8 second truck, built from swap meet parts. He told me his daily driver is a rusty old truck with 500K on it, and not worth $500. These people sacrifice a lot of things others have/do, just so they can attend these events. You would be surprised how many cars arrive on open trailers. Richard Giudo DROVE his car from Canada, to Florida for the start of Sick Week. He isn't the only one.

Can't work on the car between tracks, or it's not a street car? PLEASE... I have to work on my s#!tbox daily driver once in a while. Just because YOU are not willing to do the things these people are, don't assume they are not street cars. This isn't the Fastest Daily driver competition.

Get out in the garage, get your car running, and stop being a armchair quarterback.

"Street" cars arriving on open trailers, is that how street cars drive, that's supposed to be impressive?

Guy driving from Canada to Florida... yes, 1 legit street car out of how many... also how many valvesprings/lifters he go through?

So your not impressed... No one that goes to these events cares if your impressed. If you don't like these events, why do you continue to follow this thread? When is the last time The Haze ran? 20 years ago? That doesn't impress me.

69 GTX 68 Road Runner