Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Not really a fan of these events, I'd like to see a version with actual street cars, not racecars with 1" lift cams etc that break lifters/springs etc in every event. I want a street car version of one of these with 91 pump gas only, no engine etc repairs allowed, slicks allowed to be swapped on at the tracks.

There is plenty of those too, bit they only run low 7's.

Which events? Pump gas drags? Don't they allow engine work etc?

Coke, what I meant was there are plenty of cars at these events that even though the rules allow it, that do not require any repairs to complete the event. And there is a sealed hood option where they cannot open the hood for the entire event, and a sealed engine option too. I'm pretty sure guys have gone sevens with a sealed engine. Which means they can't take off a valve cover or pan or anything. Lots of guys don't change tires.

I love how people that have never been to these events, say how the rules should be. LOL!! Basically everyone that thinks the rules should change, think they should change to fit THEIR cars, and THEN they would go to the event.

Don't like the event? Don't go... Those of us that have gone, love the events, and look forward to it every year.

Sealed engine option sounds good to me, I'm not asking them to change rules for me, what makes you think I'm interested in competing? Shits just a money/time competition, boomer housing money gonna win every time smile. I don't even watch these events much less go, as explained I'm not interested in watching some long bearded dudes with 100+k in their cars with 1" roller cams snapping springs every other event going at it to call their cars the fastest "street" cars when they're not even close to real street cars. Same reason I don't watch NASCAR, they're not "stock cars" or anything close to even resembling what you'd get at a dealer. The sealed motor classes though I'd be interested in watching, heck maybe I'd make a pass or two if I got my junk together but I don't have the time/money to win.

Last edited by CokeBottleKid; 02/15/22 12:26 AM.