The whole seems to me to be a scam and they aren't going to make a profit with the present technology.
I work for a truck OEM and my company has been working on EV technology for some time now. We are just now starting to deliver our first EV school busses after years of development. Since the busses are on the same basic platform as medium duty trucks they are working on making some EV medium duty trucks which could be on the market in the near future . Given the variety of vocations trucks are used in, there aren't too many where EV is practical. School buses are possibly practical for being EV as they sit all night in a depot and can be charged there, then after the morning run, go back to the depot and can be charged more before going out for the afternoon duties.
Perhaps EV medium duty trucks used in urban delivery type roles can be practical too, if they are used for the day and then get charged overnight before going out for another day of work.
But over the road EV trucks are a long way from ever being practical. I heard some proposal a while back to have OTR EV semis pull into specially equipped truck stops where their discharged battery packs could be swapped for fully charged ones in about the time it takes to fill up a diesel rig, but I don't think that idea went anywhere. I hear more talk about fuel cell development than I do about making everything EV at this point.
A number of vocations I don't see EV every being practical regardless of how far EV technology advances. I work on the severe service platform and very little of what I work on can work with EV from what I see, For example fire trucks. They run out to emergencies where they might sit running and operating for hours with lights flashing, large volume pumps pumping, ladders being raised and lowered, how will a battery pack ever be able to work for that duty?
I'm not involved in advanced programs tasked with replacing diesel but what I've stated is based on things I hear at work.