Originally Posted by poorboy
Originally Posted by volaredon
I have a 96 Dakota, still driving it. Have had several 87-96s and never had the blower resistor problem with all of those combined (I've had 5-6 of them) as I have with this Durango.

Would it not make sense to go back to a set up that actually functioned then? [/b]
If the "new" system doesn't work, maybe its time to go back to the old proven effective system. Get the resister and pig tail from the older Dakota and adapt it to the modern version, then put it someplace where it can get some air flow, that new location doesn't even have to be in the heating system. It almost sounds to me that the "new" heater box has some poor air flow places and Dodge decided one of those places with poor air flow was a great location for the heater resister. Or they went too far on cutting the material list and have too small of connections/components for it to function properly, or both.
[b]

That's what I had in mind, I thought Id mentioned it somewhere else. I do have to ask though// this Durango has a "backwards" system like alot of newer vehicle systems/ instead of constant ground and vary the hot, this one has constant power and varies resistance on the ground side. I think it's dumb. I need to find something (car/truck) with 5 pins, like this one has, that works on the same principal for this to work. I see topics/complaints about this series Durango with this very issue all the time, it isnt just mine doing this.