Originally Posted by B1MAXX
I had the same problem. Finally replaced the pigtail and connector, been good at least 10 years now.

have "only" owned 8 years not 10+ like you (yet, it's coming haha)) and it had been done (replaced) at least once before I bought it, and spliced poorly by (or for) PO. This vehicle came from the South, where AC would have gotten alot more use than heat, opposite now (I am near Chicago) I've replaced pigtail 2x myself since (why are they so damn expensive?) once aftermarket and one genuine Mopar. and at least 4 or 5 resistors. and 1 new blower motor in that time thinking a new one would draw less current.
On the choice in terminals... I see in the pic with the Amazon link a notice in the package stating a warning about not using the gold plated terminals unless the originals also were... I doubt that would have been the case in 2001 when this thing was brand new. but I'm gonna have to replace the connector AGAIN. One terminal was obviously burnt within the existing plug. but I didn't have one nor the time to replace the last time it croaked.
but why wouldn't you want to automatically use the gold plated ones, as to me, the issue is too little surface area for the current in the line to pass similar to a circuit with too light of gauge size of wire. I would think the gold plating would provide the best conductivity, least resistance possible. I do know that alot of cars have the airbag circuit connectors gold plated, as well. and they come with the connector kit in this case, anyways.