I am hoping for some input with a dilemma I have. I live on an acreage with a LONG driveway but that's not the problem. I have a nice Kubota for that.
The problem is my wife insists on doing the sidewalks (front & back) patio and other areas the tractor is to big for. I bought a small 21" toro snow blower and she did not like it a bit. Said it was easier to use the shovel for various reasons. After X discussions argue I said OK and sold it. She is a bit over 60 and I don't like her using the shovel for a number of reasons
I believe her primary issues were: )
A) The particular one we had required one to stop, walk around the side to rotate the chute.
B) It was not self propelled but the rubber flaps on the auger did assist when the auger was engaged. To get a self propelled unit they get much bigger and heavier.
C) Which way to blow the snow was bit of an irritant ?
D) it was gas powered and she didn't like having to start it etc. I think that's BS as it always started on the first pull. Also could plug it in to start.
I've looked at the electric "snow shovels" but not sure how well they work. Also not sure if the battery powered versions would do the job without 2-4 batteries.
Maybe I'm beating my head against a wall but wondering if any of you have encountered something similar and were able to come up with a solution? Even Input on your experiences with the shovels/ blowers etc. would be helpful keeping in mind something small, easy to maneuver and hopefully light
beer