Originally Posted by racerhog
Food for thought
(Oil Pump) >>>>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkNOXWGXADM

Very nice video for the most part butt look at the cam and lifter at 7:30, that bearing clearly caused the chipping on the cam, if the bearing was perfectly fine it would not have been able to chip away at the edges of the roller path on the cam. As the bearing began to wear out it allows the roller to rock side to side and eat away at the cam not the other way around, a new lifter would ride perfectly smoothly on the center of the worn cam lobe. If as he says it was a cam hardening issue how come it happens mostly on one particular lobe? If it was cam hardening issue all the lobes would show the same evidence of failure, most of the cams I have swapped were almost if not all of the damage is on only one lobe, one with a roller that no longer rolls. I would like to see someone with the proper tools do a hardness test on some cams from the pre-eagle engines and eagle engines cams and see if there is any difference, the lifters are clearly different from 03 to 08 ones.

Also after watching his video I went and looked at a BGE vs Eagle 5.7 pump rotors, the BGE has thicker rotors, looks like maybe .075 from the old eyeball caliper and at least the earlier BGE I have seen some bad cams so it didn't cure the problem. The BGE also has oil squirters squirting more oil at the pistons witch is gonna get flung onto the cam by the crank as it tries to fall down, this extra oil did not solve the problem.

I am still waiting to see in person or even pics of a failed lifter with the big needle bearings... all the bad ones in my scrap bin and all the videos I have watched I could not find one with the big bearings that has failed.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!