I was incredibly fortunate. After I removed the heads/pushrods/lifter packs, I used a borescope to check the cam lobe condition which was almost new looking. I also pulled the oil control valve and it was 100% free of metal shavings/debris. I replaced the cylinder 2/4 pack and all was well. Just an fyi, it did throw an mds solenoid code and very seldom threw a cyl 4 misfire code(the mds cylinder). My push to open the top end up was the aforementioned clacking that one day did not got away after start up and immediately threw a cyl 4 code, and made the vehicle run like poop. Doing an MDS DELETE, even if you do it yourself, even if you buy all your parts from a place like mopar parts direct.com, will still put you damn near if not well over the $2k mark. Anyone is free to try to argue, but once you tally up everything including securing a handheld and a tune, you'll see its probably closer to $3k. If you have the funds available I would totally go mds delete. I know HOTRODDAVE and I have our own opinions about this, but thats my opinion.

I guess a good question to you would be what is your intended usage?