2001 Citrus Nationals, A Challenger in opposite lanes hood popped open in top end... next round, ran another Challenger (this was not a Mopar race LOL) and I saw the front of his car dive down big time at the 1st mph cone as he was going to cut me loose... he did it too soon and too much, so I was able to grab the brakes in time also. Went a couple more rounds and was finally in the finals at 3:00 am in the morning.

Was running against a divisional Super Comp hitter in the final, and knew he would be coming up on me with major MPH, I was dialed in 8.20, him 7.90. Looking for him at top end and didn't see him yet at mph cone and decided to again grab some brake...came up with the big W for the meet, with an 8.20 flat

Coming back up return road to staging and saw my opponent still sitting at starting line with a broken trans... my buddies were all laughing saying I should have been able to hear them on the starting line yelling at me...hit the brakes..... as I was so close to breaking out.... on a solo pass eek

Yes, sometimes it is good to be lucky too beer

Last edited by Rapid588; 09/16/21 08:08 PM.

93 Dodge Stealth - Supercharged 526ci Hemi
93 Dodge Daytona Top Sportsman injected 588 Hemi - plus a lil NOS
67 Hemi GTX (may the 4speed with you!)