Originally Posted by shanker
Originally Posted by 3hundred

Well, that just sucks. I think if there was a way to move the LM link pivot forward (front of car) and up it'd still work? Short of adding material to the bracket and drilling a new hole I don't see a way forward. There are ~ 6 -8 different LM links available but I don't think any of them will fix this.

I'd looked at the pics before and wasn't sure how to attach the LM link to the Street Demon so was curious about how and if it'd work. My preliminary look see led me to favor the AVS2 when and if the time came for a another carburetor. Dang, really liked what I was hearing about the SD. But my luxo barges are keeping the CC's.

adding material and re-shaping the holley bracket is exactly what I'm going to do. I don't really want this trail to create any negative marks against the Street Demon because in reality, when I looked at my Edelbrock 750 and Edelbrock 800 Thunder Series, this exact same issue will be come across with them when trying to get the cruise control to function. I'm going to have to do this again with the Edelbrock 750 on the 440 in the Ramcharger.

I really wonder what the cruise control lost motion link looks like on pre-1971 mopars that didn't have Thermoquad's.

edit - looks like it's a littel more straight forward with the Edelbrock carb's than I had suspected. https://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/threads/to-cruise-or-not-to-cruise.51043/

Pretty sure that "lost motion' link was all the same . . . I have had on AVS carbs from my C bodies . . . same piece on TQ . . .

Mark