I have a 360 in my wife's duster that has an RPM Air Gap intake, and until last week had a Holley 4160 600cfm carb and have been using AR Engineering brackets which were perfect......until I pulled the Holley 4160 off and put on a Street Demon 625.

The biggest problem I'm having is with the cruise control cable. if I try and attach it to the throttle cable pin, it's in too much of a bind and won't retract when the throttle is applied. So my first solution was to put it on the pin in the attached picture. This will work, but limits me to only being able to open the butterfly's 75% before the cable bottoms out, or if I adjust it so that I can fully open the butterfly's, the throttle won't be able to return to closed.

I've scoured most of the forums looking at as many pictures as I can find, but haven't found any that shed any light on how I can attach the cruise control cable.

I suspect it would work, if the throttle cable bracket were at the same level as the carburetor lever and the throttle and cruise control cables were mounted side by side, allowing them to travel at the same ratio. From the picture, it can also been observed that the throttle cable interferes slightly with the linkage on the carburetor, if it was higher and on the same plane, this wouldn't be the case.

anyone want to throw an idea out there?

(side note, the Street Demon is leaps and bounds better than the 600CFM Holley 4160 it replaced and I'm extremely happy with it so far).

Throttle Linkage 06.jpg
Last edited by shanker; 09/13/21 08:00 PM.

The Federal Government has not yet learned that you cannot legislate morality 1970 Coronet R/T FF4/FF8/V85/V1G 440/Auto/3.23 1970 Coronet R/T FK5/FK5/V8W/V1W 440/Auto/3.55 1970 Super Bee TX9/TX9/V8W/N96 383/Auto/3.91 1975 Duster 360 VS29L5 Daily Driver