Originally Posted by shanker
Originally Posted by 3hundred
Originally Posted by shanker
Originally Posted by 3hundred
Where is your lost motion link?

Is this a lost motion link? (This is what appears to be where the cruise control cable would attached on a Thermoquad.

Yep, check the service manual for the adjustment. IIRC, 1/16" clearance required. I think the suggested bracket has the mounting hole? Can't recall anymore shruggy

well....it was a great idea....but due to the shape of the Holley adapter bracket, the orientation from the throttle stud to the hole for the roll pin that the lost motion link attaches do changes too much.

Well, that just sucks. I think if there was a way to move the LM link pivot forward (front of car) and up it'd still work? Short of adding material to the bracket and drilling a new hole I don't see a way forward. There are ~ 6 -8 different LM links available but I don't think any of them will fix this.

I'd looked at the pics before and wasn't sure how to attach the LM link to the Street Demon so was curious about how and if it'd work. My preliminary look see led me to favor the AVS2 when and if the time came for a another carburetor. Dang, really liked what I was hearing about the SD. But my luxo barges are keeping the CC's.

'68 Fury Convertible
'69 300 Convertible
'15 Durango 5.7 Hemi
'16 300 S Hemi