Originally Posted by INTMD8
Originally Posted by madscientist
There is no way that the aluminum head can dissipate heat so fast as to reduce local combustion temperature to reduce detonation.

Aluminum, thermal conductivity 136 btu/hr

Cast iron, thermal conductivity 46 btu/hr

So, aluminum triple thermal conductivity as cast iron, but no difference in operation?

That would be a no.

Don't get me wrong, you are stating the advantages of an aluminum head over an iron head is....?

And I agree in terms out output, iron comes out ahead everything else equal because of thermal efficiency, but it would also put a specific combination closer to detonation on a specific fuel.

Can't have it both ways. Thermal efficiency is keeping heat in the chamber (=power) but that can aggravate detonation sensitivity on pump fuel as well.

A general thought of a point in compression is not the definition of working miracles, it's general understanding of thermal conductivity between two different metals.

What I’m saying is you can run the same compression ratio with iron heads as you can with aluminum. It’s as simple as that. While aluminum rejects heat faster than iron, it still can’t react fast enough to allow more compression. It’s physically impossible.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston