Originally Posted by HotRodDave
What are everyone's tricks for safely running the highest compression possible on pump gas? Also what is the most compression you have seen run safely on pump gas?

I will share a few tricks that work for me

Coolest intake air possible
Keep as much heat as possible out of engine compartment, wrap headers, minimize restriction of air flow out of the engine compartment from the radiator
Keep fuel as cool as possible, heat wrap lines near exhaust, keep lines as far as possible from exhaust, phenolic carb or phenolic carb spacer
Very tight quench
Aluminum heads when possible
Sharp angle on intake valve to help break up fuel droplets
Fully radius and polish exhaust valve head to keep it from getting hotter than nessacary and keep it from heating the air in the chamber
Don't be afraid of ethanol fuel
Coolest plug that don't foul out
Very careful control of timing, tight distributor bushing, carefully curved distributor
Late intake valve timing or at least not too early
Coolest engine temp that is reasonable, usually 180* on the street for me
Slightly loose converter
EFI with return line
Smooth out or round off any sharp edges in the combustion chamber
Find injectors with as many spray holes as possible for the given flow rate needed
Plastic intake manifold if I can find one for the application to keep the air cool (no 6.1 or eddy intake for my hemi)
On the new hemi 6.4 I run the piston squirters and stick a bunch of computer heat sinks on the oil pan and filter to keep that oil cooler to keep the chamber cooler

I ran a snow performance meth/H2O injection kit on my old 70 Charger. Worked very well. (11.5:1 440-6)

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/pui5j.jpg[/IMG]
Coming soon!!!!