Originally Posted by Satilite73

And don't get me started on the forklift they bought new two years ago...............

I spent some time driving a forklift in a magazine factory which means lots of pedestrian traffic. I often said I wouldn't trust the in house mechanic to fix a sandwich. One lift had absolutely horrible brakes and we mostly dealt with it because locking it out of service weekly wasn't getting it any attention. We eventually started locking it out as soon as it was put back in service and that attracted management attention. When the wheels finally got pulled even the metal web part of the brake shoe had been worn away and yes the drum was beyond toast. All the lifts had like 70,000+ hours on them and were on their 2nd or 3rd engine rebuild. The bum let one sit around the shop for months until management climbed up him to put it back together. I was driving it at a couple days after being put back in to service, noticed what I thought was a cardboard slip sheet jambed underneath it. Went to pull it out and found a few oil mats cable tied to the bottom of the transmission.