Let's look at this from the employee side for a moment using my current job as an example.

I have a company van for my use. I'm not in it all day everyday, but it does see some use everyday. It's a 2014. (company bought the van in 2019 with 20K on it...)

The company WILL NOT fix ANYTHING on it unless it's absolutely necessary, and even then it almost takes an act of God.

Currently, the van has suspension issues. It's a known defect from when it was new, but its out of warranty, so they won't fix it. It's gotten to the point that it's affecting how the van drives and handles. Meh, no big deal, right? The oil hasn't been changed in over 5K miles, and it 'looses' coolant somewhere even though there's no visible leak. There's a lot of construction around here, so the van gets filthy. I took it upon myself to wash the van one day. I was told for doing it was stupid. I did it because I want to create a positive image when I roll up to a customers business.

In two days the inspection is up. It will not pass because the check engine light is on for a few reasons. I've been telling them about this since APRIL, and nothing has been done. I'm not driving a vehicle with expired tags.

So, ask me how am I supposed to care when the company owner obviously doesn't?

And don't get me started on the forklift they bought new two years ago...............

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥