Probably didn’t help that I then posted a couple examples of rust free trucks I’ve bought. Like I said, they’re few and far between. Kinda like rust free Aspens. I generally find it better to assume somebody doesn’t know what they’re talking about vs assuming the opposite.

Part of the problem with pricing it’s that extremely regional. Last week I saw a 77 RC pop up on craigs in Cali for $1k. On this coast it would be $4 or 5k truck. The bigger problem is that the Barrett Jackson crowd and maggot flippers are starting to catch on to these things and everybody on Facebook suddenly thinks their truck is worth 3x reality. A maggot flipper near me has a truck that was maybe a solid $5k 10 years for an ask of $15-20k. Haven’t looked lately but there used to be a regular flow of downright scary lipstick jobs coming out on NV for insane money on eBay. Some idiot has a 10k RC on FB for $25k right now.

A real deal, no BS, survivor LRE maxes out about $25k. Complete basket cases routinely pull $4k. Anything big block 4wd short bed is gonna a quick sale. Club cab duallys can be found for cheap. I don’t put Warlocks in the same category as a Macho because ya really can’t clone one without having one as a donor. If you’re looking at a tin grille anything in $10k plus range, it needs to be mint, built or too cool.

Post up a couple pics of what yer looking at.