Originally Posted by pushbutton
Originally Posted by TimS
Originally Posted by pushbutton
[quote=Rhinodart]If it wasn't for the modern Mopars these shows would have been done by now, they pay the bills! We came to that conclusion about 10 years ago with our local shows... work

It seems to me that it would be hard to judge a row of new or newer cars.

These are Fun Field cars. No judging. The old cars are the ones being judged but not very many of those these days at the Nats. Hence why I would agree that the newer stuff has been carrying this show for a while. [/qu

They may be in the fun field at the Nats but a some local shows I've been too they are in with the judged cars in a class for late mdl stuff. That's fine with me,I just think it would be hard to judge a class with all new cars or nearly new cars.

That mix of new/old cars has been going on around here at local shows for years. Back when the Vipers first came out A fella here local was taking his to car shows and entering in Mopar Muscle classes. I haven't shown for years but I had my original 1970 6 barrel Roadrunner in a show with his Viper and the judges did wonder what to do about that at first. They decided I would win the class that day and the Viper guy was basically outraged. Got all over the poor judges about it. Burned the hides on that Viper and almost wrecked it leaving the show. Pretty comical. This was back in the early 90's, I believe.

1968 Barracuda Fastback 318-2BBL 904 2.76 Frost Blue Survivor
1970 Roadrunner 440+6 BBL 727 AT 4.10 SG Dana Blue Fire Metallic
1971 Cuda 340-4 BBL 4spd 3.91 SG Curious Yellow
1972 Barracuda 318-2 BBL 904 AT 3.23 1 Legger Tor Red/White Vinyl Top
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi AT Patriot Blue
2011 Dodge Challenger RT 5.7 Hemi 6spd 392 SG Triple Black
2014 Dodge Charger RT Max AWD 5.7 Hemi AT 305 Billet Silver